Job OverviewIf you are proud of your people skills, have good attention to detail and communication skills, find it easy to keep conversations light and friendly, and love helping guests, you may just be the right person for the job and we want to meet you! Keep reading to learn more about responsibilities and requirements:
- Possesses full knowledge of food and beverage products served and utilizes suggestive selling techniques.
- Takes orders and delivers food and beverage in a timely manner.
- Ensures guests receive immediate, friendly, and personalized service to build their intent to return.
- Guides guests through menus, answers questions thoroughly and provides specific item suggestions and information about the establishment.
- Maintains positive guest satisfaction by exceeding service expectations.
- Handles guest complaints or directs them to a manager.
- Operates point-of-sale system with a high level of efficiency and handles large amounts of currency.
- Practices proper cash handling procedures by addressing the point-of-sale system after every transaction, properly organizing money, counting change back to guests, and following appropriate checkout procedures.
- Sets up and breaks down equipment and supplies.
- Maintains work areas by organizing and cleaning service stations and pre-bussing tables as needed of all used glassware/plateware/silverware/etc.
- Writes down all orders and inputs them into the point-of-sale system accurately.
- Scrapes, racks, and stacks glassware/plateware/silverware properly in dishwashing area.
- Acts as a final check on the quality of food and beverage items before they are served to guests and ensures appropriate garnishes and condiments are on plates.
- Assists management in training new Staff Members within their department when applicable.
- Completes all opening, running, and closing duties as assigned.
- Delivers and/or carries (with or without trays) food and beverage items, for own and others’ tables, with a sense of urgency; knows all table numbers and floor plans.
- When necessary, will occasionally assist host person with greeting and seating guests.
- Adheres to responsible alcohol service established by company policy.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to management.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by management or supervisors and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.